Melissa's Sweet Style: "In the BOX"

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"In the BOX"

It's official....I'm "In the BOX!" 

About a month ago, I asked for your opinion on whether I should join BIRCHBOX.  Every month Birchbox members receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples for $10 a month. 

Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch.

At first I was hesitant.....$10 for samples????  Really!!!  Aren't samples free???  After much thought and some of your comments, I decided to sign up!  I subscribe to about 3 fashion magazines and they cost a few dollars more a month, and all I do is throw them in the trash once I'm done with them.  At least with Birchbox I get something I can actually use!  Another plus is that 2 of my friends are also Birchbox users so we can swap samples!   Without further ado, here's what I got!

July's Box

Everything is at its peak in the summertime—from the ripe produce at the farmer’s market to the saltiness of the ocean air. This month, we asked Glamour's beauty editors to help us put together a collection of products that celebrate the five senses.




I must say that for $10 a month it's not cheesy at all.....I love the special touches like the neon tissue paper and the card that explains each sample!  I must say I was VERY pleased!  Ok, now to what I got!







The last thing in my birchbox was a pair of ear buds but they didn't have a pic.  All in all, I was very happy with my first shipment.  Now I'm like a little kid counting down the days until my August box comes!  If your still debating whether to join BIRCHBOX or not, I would definitely give it a try! 

Happy hump day!

xo xo
Melissa 



11 comments:

  1. Hi dear,
    Thanks for your sweet comments.
    It really had me laughing!
    Your hair is just as beautiful as mine, girl. Looks almost similar.
    To be quite honest, I do not use a lot of products for my hair. Here's the deal:
    I use Herbal Essences (for dry/damaged hair) shampoo (just a little) and then conditioner, also Herbal Essences for dry/damaged hair (a lot!!!!). I brush while my hair is still wet directly after washing, whip my hair back and forth a few times, knead my hair. And that's it.
    Haha.
    Tried to explain as precisely as possible.
    Let me know if it worked, though! Hihi.
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/
    Btw, will follow u back. If only for your fun comments ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's my first time on your blog, i really love it!
    im following you right now, would you follow me?? i promisse you'll love it!

    www.lethemstare.blogspot.com

    Kache - LTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems so funny and I think they gives you good products, don't them?

    Pretty To Be Happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, the products looks great!
    now following...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely items;) thx for sharing.
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stuff! Just found your blog and so glad, now following you :)

    xo,
    Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking more & more about doing this as well! I might be more tempted now...
    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been debating about Birchbox for ages and after seeing what everyone got this month, I'm really jealous that I didn't sign up awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post, girl! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for Lauren Conrad. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm going to have to give it a try then ^^, it really seems like its worth it c:

    xo, L
    http://fluffibonbon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea, I'm thinking about jumping on this bandwagon. :)

    -Jenn

    http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sweet! Leave some!

xo
Melissa