Melissa's Sweet Style: Denim, Lace, & Leopard....OH MY!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Denim, Lace, & Leopard....OH MY!







Dress: Mossimo (Target)
Necklace: Ny & Company
Leopard wedges: Coconuts via HauteLook



Happy, happy Tuesday!  Ok I've had it with the heat.....where's September?  It's too damn hot!  We are supposed to reach temps of over 100 today!  I don't even know what to wear anymore.....even the lightest pieces of clothing are too much! 

I got this dress last year at Target and this is the very first day I'm wearing it.  Every time I go for it, I think "Why am I wearing my little sisters dress?"  After a year of over looking it in my closet, I decided to rock it.  I had no clue what shoes to wear....that's probably another reason that kept me from wearing it.   If I were to wear pumps, I would feel like a kid wearing her mom's shoes with her little sisters dress.  #nobueno

I went with the leopard wedges to funk it up a little.  I had a hard time this morning finding what jewelry to wear, so I just went with my favorite Forever 21 bangle and a gold necklace.  It's so f'n HOT that I don't want to wear any jewelry, but as a true fashionista that could never be!  How did I do?  Hope you like!

Thanks for visiting!  Stay cool!

xo xo
Melissa

25 comments:

  1. Love your dress, goes great with the printed sandals.

    Sheinside GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so casual yet so chic!
    love it

    Xoxo Lil
    www.studsandsapphires.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress. Love the leopard sandals

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought that these two would go well together! You look fab!

    http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress, love the leopard shoes!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, great combo with the leopard heels :)
    -Tammy
    silksatinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress and love the leopard paired with it too x

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dress!!very fresh and summer!
    kisses dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable dress! :)

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute dress! never wouldve thought to pair it with leopard! great idea!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look wonderful, love your cool & effortless look!

    come by my blog & we could follow each other...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coll combo! The dress is adorable.

    xo
    naty
    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute outfit! I love the leopard & denim together! You are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. The denim dress looks so pretty on you!
    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this look on you!! It's perfect for this hot weather. The wedges add a good touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. girl! you are rocking this sun dress! following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fricken cute! Love those cheetah print shoes! [Target is seriously the best!]

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute look, all the frills you can get - and then you look down and "Sucker Punch" - there's some wild out here too! Great job - and it looks so effortless too...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buenas, tocaya! Que yo también me llamo Melisa :D Y veo que también compartimos afición por el leopardo, gran blog, TE SIGO :D

    Besitos desde Mi Quinta Avenida ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfit! Love the sandals!

    x
    Hannah
    http://www.hannahsfashionblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love EVERYTHING about this. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this dress is adorable! love the lace details :)

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this dress you wear it so well p.s you are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a lovely dress. Nothing little sister-y about it. Worn with your leopard flats and shades it gives the vibe of a grown woman who isn't afraid to show ♓èл playful side.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sweet! Leave some!

xo
Melissa