Melissa's Sweet Style: A V-day Inspired Look With ModCloth & Polyvore

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A V-day Inspired Look With ModCloth & Polyvore







Hello there sweets! 

Today I'm having some fun with Polyvore and ModCloth. 
ModCloth is this super fun clothing, accessories, and decor online store.  They have whimsical and cool pieces you won't find anywhere else. 

ModCloth has put together the
Uniquely You Campaign, where bloggers create a look using pieces from ModCloth.  
The piece chosen for me by Amy at ModCloth, was the  Diagonal Alley Coat in Black by Steve Madden.

A chic statement coat is a must have for the winter months, and this coat makes one hell of a statement.  With a ribbed collar and diagonal zipper its easy to take this from day to night, and if you love color it comes in red too! 
I went back and forth debating how I would style this fabulous coat.  I'm a casual girl at heart and live in jeans and pants.  For this campaign I decided to go dressy and give you a V-day inspired look.  

Here's what I would wear on V-day!












Do you love it? 

All the pieces are from ModCloth and the first one that spoke to me was the Prized Panelist Dress.  The black and white is so chic and the flare skirt is perfect!  The color blocking and panels brought me back to the diagonal zipper on the Alley Coat
 
Adding the red tights gave it that V-day feel for a fun, girly look!  Accessories are a must to finish off any look.  I went with a beautiful t-strap heel and a leopard clutch. #classic
  Mixing prints is definitely something I love to do.  I love the look of vintage jewelry and these cameo earrings and statement necklace were perfect to finish it all off.  I had to go back and add a scarf because if you live on the East Coast like me, your going to need it on V-day!  #polarvortexgoaway 

Accessories I used:


I hope you get some V-day inspiration from my look, It's definitely "uniquely me"!

xo xo
Melissa





5 comments:

  1. yeah I love it! those dress with those tights! And the scarf is lovely too :)

    keep in touch! :)

    xx
    ellie
    chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices, super chic! I would definitely rock this #.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great set :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is adorable love the black and white lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute look!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sweet! Leave some!

xo
Melissa